I hope to have more information on The British Declaration of Independence, once the election has been called. but if this is something you would like to see your MP sign, keep tuned. Please note, this is not a political party.
The Democratic Declaration of a prospective MP to the electorate.
I,……………………… hereby irrevocably declare to my electorate that following my election to Parliament and after the BDI Executive Committee has confirmed that a majority of MPs is available to pass the legislation, I shall lay before Parliament and vote for the BDI Bill, or vote in favour of that Bill presented by others, (and continue to do so until the Bill is passed into law) which, in accordance with the rights of all peoples to self determination as enshrined in the United Nations Convention on Civil and Political Rights of 1966:
Asserts the sole authority of the Westminster Parliament to initiate, pass and repeal all legislation and regulation applied to the people of the United Kingdom and asserts the supreme authority of the British judiciary in all law applied to the people of the United Kingdom.
- the sole allegiance of MPs, ministers and British officials to the Parliament and Democratic institutions of the United Kingdom and that all British subjects owe allegiance, duties and obligations only to the United Kingdom.
- the exclusive control by the Westminster parliament over who resides within and votes in any elections in the United Kingdom, control over the borders of the United Kingdom and the exclusive right to grant or withhold permission to cross those borders.
- the historic rights of British subjects to inter alia Habeas Corpus, Trial by Jury and presumed innocence, preventing their extradition to any jurisdiction which does not afford such rights or which refuses to extradite to the United Kingdom.
- the sole control by the Bank of England of all British gold and foreign currency reserves (and their location within the United Kingdom) and Bank of England or British Government control over the Pound Sterling, British national monetary policy and interest rates.
- the right of the British Government, as the representative of a Sovereign British people and nation, to sign international treaties and conventions which facilitate free trade and co-operation between nations but which in no way compromise the supreme authority of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
And I pledge that I will vote against any legislation which explicitly or impliedly repeals or controverts the above principles, so long as I remain a Member of Parliament.
I,…………. being the prospective parliamentary candidate for the ……… Constituency hereby declare that, should I not fulfil the terms of this Agreement when the BDI Bill is presented in Parliament, I will immediately resign so that a by-election may be held and a new mandate obtained for the remainder of the Parliament.
MPs from any political party may sign up for this. And voters may have the opportunity of voting for their party of choice. Go to the site and tell them of any interest you may have.
The link below my sign-out goes straight to the BDI website.